I closed the development for the next release. The new version of NextGEN Gallery comes up with some improvements for bulk operation. If you running PHP5, you are now able to create new thumbnails, resize images etc. with one click.
I also rework the thumbnail handling , each gallery could have now a independent size for the thumbnails. It’s not fully tested and I will write later more about the details, but help testing now and report me the new bug’s in the issue tracker.
Here is the full list of changes :
- Automatic rotate images during upload or via manage gallery page (THX to Simone Fumagalli)
- Include Bulkupdate for gallery overview, require PHP 5.2
- XMLRPC support with 4 new methods : see xmlrpc.php for more information
- Recent and random images can be taken from a specific gallery using the id=x parameter in the shortcode (THX to Prollius)
- Recent images can be recent by exif date (instead of database id) by using the mode=recentdate parameter in the shortcode (THX to Prollius)
- Introduce the WP_Object_cache and meta_data
- Various new hooks and filters
- Better support for role manager plugin (THX to Mattias Buelens)
- New option to add hidden images. Needed to show all images in a modal window (Thickbox, Lightbox et.)
- New link parameter for the singlepic shortcode : [ singlepic id=x w=x h=x link=”http://google.com”%5D
- New template gallery-carousel
- New id parameter for recent and random shortcodes : [ random max=”7″ template=”filename” id=”2″ ] takes only pictures from the gallery with id=2
- New mode parameter for recent shortcode : [ recent max=”7″ template=”filename” id=”3″ mode=”date” /] where mode can be one of (id, date, sort). Recent pictures are delivered by addition to database (id), exif date (date) or user sort order (sort).
- Enable/Disable Ajax navigation via settings
- New filter hook ‘ngg_render_template’ to render templates with a other plugin
- Added option to link an album with a page id
- Support templates for child themes, use STYLESHEETPATH instead TEMPLATEPATH (THX to Prollius)
- Rework of Media RSS Widget
- Check capability to create a new page
- Fix double call of filter name , changed to ngg_picturelist_object (THX to Prollius)
- Check for a deleted gallery in a album